Sunday, January 10, 2010

why???


mel4
Originally uploaded by brickhouse frog

"What have you gotten out of your 2 years in SL? Why do you keep coming back??" Someone recently asked me these questions, they said, well you blog about it, you take pictures about it, does it consume you?

So in two years, yes I have done a lot...seen a lot, had a lot of fun, and made what I hope are some life-long friends regardless of SL. For those that read my blog I won't bore you with what I've done in SL, it's all here LOL.... Why DO I keep coming back? HMMM well I was threatened with bodily harm the other day when I said I was going to quit coming back...such great friends I have... I think. I do come back to see the good friends I have.

Why do I take pictures in SL? Well, for some music is their creative outlet, or writing or whatever. For me photography is my creative outlet... I can't afford "good" photography equipment in RL, so I do this in SL. Besides in RL I can't put someone on a pose stand and make them stay LMAO. Not only that could you imagine what it would cost me to buy all the photography equipment that comes in my PL3 in RL sheesh!

I guess I blog about it, because it's like a journal, same as my picture taking I suppose. Both are very important to me. One day when SL is washed up and gone, I'll hopefully have my blog and my photos to remind me of the fun, and yes some of the pain, that hopefully I've grown from.

Now take for example this morning... some people would call me nuts, ok, most people call me nuts. Reallymad had a gig at 4 am SLT, for those doing the math, thats 7 am for me. On a Sunday morning I rolled over, grabbed my laptop and went to Reallymad's gig... Now honestly he didn't expect me there, but he is my musician and as long as I'm able I will be at their gigs. I don't do it because they pay me, (do you pay me RM?) I do it to support them and because they are my friends. While I was there, I ran into an old friend I haven't seen in a long, long time. We caught up and plan on hanging out sometime soon.

So after the gig this morning I realized that it was 60L Sunday (yet again I was disappointed). But as I did my shopping, Reallymad and I chatted, kind of like having Sunday Tea with one of my dearest friends. Now he was off doing his own thing (god only knows what with him) and I was off doing my own thing but our conversation just flows with ease. I've known him way too long (hehe, I know shup brick) and we always have a good time chatting. Before I logged off for a little RL time, he said Brick I have to show you this... well it's this little hud that, Oh I can't tell you, you have to wait to see it! But the morning ended up with us laughing hysterically.

I guess that's why I keep going back to SL, for moments like this morning. For the fun I have with my true friends, for the creative outlet, and to bug people :)

So everyone can stay away with their drama, I'm here to have fun!
Oh by the way, in this picture is my friend Melodie "Smell" Jigsaw. I'm gonna have to snatch that gown out of her closet :)

Hugs to all my amazing friends.

No comments: