Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I've been thinking...


brick
Originally uploaded by brickhouse frog

I've been thinking a lot lately about the true meaning of friendship. I've been "told off" in recent days by a few people because I removed some people from my friends list. These people have not spoken to me in at least 6 months, most of whom were business contacts. So I pause to reflect what a friend is...

There was a song ... way back in the 80's "Friends (are Friends Forever)" by Michael W. Smith.  This song, to me, is a good definition of friends.

So what I'm saying is I have tons of people on my friends list, of them I would count, oh 10 of them as true friends. If you are offended by me taking you off my friends list, well then talk to me, be a friend.

In recent times, I know that I have learned I can depend on my true friends to always be there for me, whether they like my decisions or not. They love me "warts" and all.

This Frog is truly blessed by the close circle of friends. And honestly for those that are not on my friends list that are complaining about it ... "oh well".

2 comments:

Anya said...

I think we all have this problem, but I have to take a moment sometimes to realize that the chat friendship works both ways. There are people on my friends list from the early days in SL and we rarely, if ever, talk anymore. But sometimes YOU (meaning me, or you or whoever) have to be the one to initiate the conversation. Deleting people off your list kinda means you can't be bothered with them, and some people take that personally. Of course, if they wanted the name on their list, they would cultivate the relationship, too. I've seen a few blog posts about this lately.

Unknown said...

A, while I agree with you whole-heartedly, of my *00+ contacts, these that I mention were business contacts I had made a while ago. I just don't understand the the "yelling" at me, when we never spent any time together other than business.