Approximately 3 months ago, I got a strange IM from someone I really didn't know telling me that someone was on Mick's Skype and needed to talk to me. You see, Mick had been gone for a few days and I had not heard from him. Now you have to understand, Mick and I have been friends for a long time (seemingly forever), and we talk... a lot.
It was Mick's friend, one he had told me about, telling us that Mick was in the hospital. The rest of the story you probably know. What you don't know is, how I sat by my computer waiting and waiting for word from his friend. I even downloaded Skype at work, which is a big no-no, but I know the time zone difference and didn't want to miss. It is probably a good thing this distance or the nurses would have had to throw me out. Finally word came that Mick was ok... we rejoiced! But then there was word about his voice....
Now, I know Mick, he is stubborn... Let me tell you! If you had seen some of our conversations we have had, you would know just how stubborn this man is. But as you can imagine, no voice is a horrible nightmare, esp. for someone who sings. I unfortunately know this first hand, but that's another story. I knew he would get his voice back, it was just a matter of time.
Well, if you follow my blog you will know he did! But persuading him to sing, now that was another story. What Mick forgets is, I'm just as stubborn as him. :) So last night, Mick took the stage at Jade's Jazz Island, you almost needed a hook to get him off the stage. He was probably wondering why I was so quiet, well to be honest, I was almost overwhelmed with emotion. Rini Frog was there as well... Rini and Mick are good friends too... I know she was thrilled to have him singing once again.
Now look out, won't be able to keep that man off the stage! *I think I have created a monster* Oh and if any of you tell Reallymad Morpork that I wrote this blog about him, be careful when you sleep...
No comments:
Post a Comment