Friday, July 16, 2010

Inworldz...


first froggie
Originally uploaded by brickhouse frog
So, I discovered this "open source" called "Inworldz" (www.inworldz.com). I decided to check it out.

It is comical to me how landing in Inworldz, people were commenting... "this is just like SL" well of course it is, that's where they got their code from... Hence "open source".

Years ago, a friend of mine tried to get me to go to another "world". Yes it was just like SL but back in the day, you couldn't bring anything with you, no textures etc. We quickly decided that was not for us.

But Inworldz, seems like it could be a lot of fun. Now there are some glitches, such as search doesn't work...yet. But how fun is it knowing there are only 77 people online... 77! Yes it runs a little slower, but could be worth it. Esp knowing there are no upload fees! But get this: Private Isles come with a range of prims from 35,000 to 45,000, with the smallest allowable prim being .001 x .001 x .001 to the largest allowable of 128 x 128 x 128. Also they are a lot! cheaper than SL's islands! A LOT! $75 for a full sim...

Secondlife: Our premier island product, Full regions provide the highest level of performance. They allow up to 15,000 prims and as many as 100 avatars at a time.

Set Up Fee: USD $ 1,000.00*
Monthly Maintenance:
USD $ 295.00*
Maximum Prims: 15,000.

I did notice last night people are coming in by the droves, the freebie area where you rezz in was pretty full. Oh and if you are wondering, yes you can transfer Lindens from SL to your Inworldz account. However, everything you see here on my new avatar was free. Without upload fees, I will be making my clothing there! Maybe even set up a little shop.

Anyway, if you decide to "come over" you will be ruthed. A lot of you, may not know what that is, but you will soon learn. It's how I started in SL. If you want a tour, create your account, and I'll be happy to show you what I've learned. Either IM me in SL, or in Inworldz (Froggie Wheel).

See you somewhere on the grid.

No comments: