Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Friends forever...


the best sam ever
Originally uploaded by brickhouse frog
A few years ago, there were not nearly as many live music venues as there are today... There were not nearly as many musicians as there are today. The live music scene was small and almost exclusive. At that time, I was co-owners of a venue, The Brass Frog. Everyone wanted to get into "The Frog"... it was the place to be.

One night as I was straightening out somethings, (before the days of intans*gasp*), this very noobish man tps into "the Frog", wearing a shirt that said "show them to me" or something like that. It was very funny as it had "boobs" on it. This man had the noobish skin, noobish hair... etc. I am still unclear to this day how he found the Brass Frog, as we had no gigs going on at that time. We chatted for a moment, and off he went.

Later that night, I went to hear Jackdog Snook, one of the pioneers of SL Live Music. I love JD, he's sense of humor is a bit off, but I love it. His guitar skills and song writing is in a class of it's own. So there I was enjoying JD, making friends, when I saw that same noob , that man I met earlier, only this time with a different shirt (thankfully). Later that night, I went to hear more live music, at the Gaslight (which is still around). I said in open chat, does anyone want to dance with me, and there almost out of chat range was this noob again.this man again. I said are you stalking me? He said well of course, may I have his dance? That as they say is history...

According to that noob, Sammie Gabardini, this month, has been 2 years that we have been friends. In SL time that's like what 10? Anyway, TY Sammie for being my bestie for the last 2 years. SL is definitely an interesting place with you around.

*Note: Apparently my memory fails me, and Sammie was not a noobie looking avatar when I met him, he had amazing skin and perfect hair, or so I'm told... I need to go barf now*

No comments: