Over the past few days, I have had a few friends telling me all about their "relationships" in sl...
The conversations either revolve around drama, he/she said of their friends, jealousy, or no time commitment. Let's face it, drama IS sl... those that say "no drama" in their profiles, are usually the ones that all drama revolves around. My simple response to people that say they have drama in their lives simply drop and mute. Why do you need more stress in your life. Same thing for those who want to talk about you, or try to cause you problems in your relationships... I mean come on, you don't owe anyone anything in SL... SL is huge...countless residents, countless regions, pack up and move to a place that you can have better friends.
The thing is, in SL, you don't deal with a person on a level usually experienced in RL. Someone said last night in open chat at Lehman's gig, in SL you are dealing with the essence of someone. If you will, you are dealing with someone more on a spiritual level. You know their being. Something a lot of people don't experience in RL.
I don't know where I'm going with this. Just seems like in recent days, a lot of my friends are struggling with relationships in SL on all levels. I feel for all of them and wish they find what they need, deserve and happiness.

No comments:
Post a Comment