Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Miracles Do Happen!


mick1
Originally uploaded by brickhouse frog
First ... I must thank everyone who came out to participate, regardless of reason or revenge, to the RFL Dunking Tank on Sunday. In my time in the Tank, about 16KL was raised, but I was bored and took a second turn later that night, and all told, in my time in the Tank, 22KL was raised! Which translates to about... $95! yay! I'm so truly humbled at the outpouring of love. Now I am not sure how much was raised in the tank over the time period, but it was fun to say the least!

NOW! Last night about 11pm my time I was just saying my good nights to a few people when Reallymad "Mick" Morpork logged in. Now Mick lives in the UK which is about 5 hours ahead of me. Some people might think this strange, but Mick keeps really bizarre hours. He IM's me immediately and says "Where are you?" I said "I'm home, why?" He says "TP me" I'm all oook???! So being the well trained friend I am, I tp him over.

Mick, as you may recall had an incident happen that he lost his ability to speak. For months I have been telling him, you are a stubborn man and I know this won't last long.

Well... He comes over to my land, I had just finished a gig, and taken my headset out of my computer, when I saw it happen. The little green lines over his head... I was like OMG! I grabbed my headset, AND I HEARD HIM SAY BRICKY! OMG! The joy, the relief, the excitement, was uncontainable. He had just gotten it back, about 15 mins before and knew I would still be up, and wanted to see if someone could actually hear him.

Now I won't steal his thunder by telling you how it happened... (don't tell him I said this) but I will be so glad to HEAR HIM tell his stories over and over and over again.

Needless to say, we had a tiny party last night... a few close friends. But tonight, if he is willing and up to it, PARTY AT THE REDNECK ANIMAL REFUGE KINGDOM! MICK will of course be talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joy is not the word for it, I don't know what it is..., but this Frog gets choked up thinking about it and I haven't stopped smiling since I heard that sweet British Accent! No, he only got his voice back last night, don't know if or when he'll be singing again, but I'm just so happy that he can TELL me what to do, er um, so happy he can talk! Singing, yes, will be a true benefit, but not necessary.

Oh one more thing, for the ASSHOLES who think Mick has been faking it for attention... you only wish you were half the man he is and go get stuffed, wanker

(see http://reallymadmick.blogspot.com/2010/05/where-on-earth-have-i-been.html)

No comments: