I read with interest yesterday, Roken Price's Profile, he is the owner of Rumble. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what it says, but it was basically something like your parents made you who you are, but you can become who you want to be in SL.
The beautiful thing about SL is you can make friends with people you otherwise would have never met. Even if they stop "playing" SL, you still remain friends. Take my friend "K" for example. Living in the mid-west, he and I IM everyday, we would never met in RL, but now he is one of my dearest friends.
Take my friends who live across "the pond" Tony and Mick. Tony is my "oldest" friend in SL, he was my very first friend in SL. Over the course of a year and half, we remain friends, and even tho his alter egos don't venture into SL a lot, again, we im frequently sharing our crazy lives. Mick, happened into my SL life in a strange way as well. Auditioning for me and at the time business partner, Mick and I, eventually became fast friends with a mere word. It's almost like I've known Mick forever... poor guy. Now the poor man has been wrapped around my daughter's pinky, even singing songs just for her.
So many others, that live here or there, AcousticEnergy and Fable, living on the West Coast; Sammie, ZDiva and Diesel living (to me) in the Mid-West; Even my friends that live on the East Coast, like Gwampa and Big Dan, all amazing friends that I would have never met in RL, such major parts of my life, I'm so blessed, and honored that I am allowed to be a small portion of their lives.
Every day I can't wait to read my friends blogs, or the Tales of Fable... I can't wait to hear from my friends via IM's, or emails. As for the entwining of both "my worlds" I wouldn't have it any other way. I feel as tho some days I'm the richest woman in the world.
2 comments:
Interesting topic. Also interesting that you left out Anya. Hmph.
ANYA ANYA ANYA ... ANYA ANYA ANYA
SHE ROCKS MY WORLD but she's getting married so ... i must go off and cry now
Post a Comment