Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Love Hate Relationship with the Lindens!

OOOO I read in a few blogs today that there was a new SL viewer... yay!  Most of the blogs I read were horribly against it, so I stumbled upon a how to video and thought hey this doesn't look too bad!  So I came home, loaded it on another computer that is not my main SL computer and tried it out!  Boy! Am I disappointed in the new viewer.  Don't get me wrong Second Life 2.0 has some cool features... but it looks and acts more like Facebook than Second Life.  Now maybe for some of the noobs, this is a great thing, but for us old heads, simple things like the "build" button is gone.  Why take that away??

Also when I log in, it won't rezz my prims, you know my hair, shoes and skirt, yeah buddy don't I look cute... yes I took the time for my inventory to load, which 1/2 of my gestures it said couldn't load, and my huds were all gone but one.  To me, this hardly seems worth it.  I truly hope the Lindens say oops we made a mistake, but we all know that won't happen.

So here I stand in my studio, using the "old" viewer, and waiting for my inventory to load once again... it's not massive, just over 26k.   But no huds, no mysti tool (for some reason the new viewer felt it necessary to DETACH my mysti tool... hello that's MY mysti, no one said detach it)...

All this horrible experience lead to only one thing, SHOPPING!  Sheesh whats a girl to do you know... so for all those who are wondering, Brick is Back!  Now most of you won't understand that statement, but for those who read my blog daily, who don't speak to me, you know who you are, this is for you... I went and bought some pretty deviant clothing.  WHOO HOO!  I love this shop!  [AvB] Designs http://slurl.com/secondlife/Sobaeksan/176/96/554

Happy Shopping and my advice if you want it is... stay away from Second Life 2.0 (although some love it) and if forced to dl it (it's being uninstalled tonight)... I will go use another viewer such as Emerald!

No comments: