Thursday, May 28, 2009

Another Venue Closed


So today I'm upset, and so I'm going to vent. If you don't want to read it, then don't, this is simply MY OPINION

Last night another great venue closed. Sammie's Place.

Sammie Gabardini owned and operated Sammie's Place, he poured his heart and soul into the venue to bring the best in live entertainment (or those that would play for tips only anyway). See the thing is, everyone expects the best dances, expects sploders, expects this that and the other, but no one is willing to pay for it. So instead, these venue owners have to pay their tiers outta their pockets.

Do you go to concerts in RL without paying exorbitant fees? Between ticket prices, parking or public transit, and let's not even discuss the price of food. But yet in SL it seems like people can't even tip a venue 50L which in the grand scheme of things is NOTHING. Venue owners spend countless hours booking entertainment, finding good entertainment (with the hundreds of musicians in sl, only a select few are worth listening to.

I simply can't imagine those venues that PAY musicians, how they even conceivably pay their bills.

Please people I implore you! TIP THE VENUE!

Let me put it to you very simply 50L=19 cents USD... NINETEEN CENTS!

1000L= under $4

Where else can you go and hear great music for 19cents???

TIP THE VENUE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank Brickhouse Frog of everything you have done, with out you Sammie's Place could not have been open as long as it was and would never had been such a great place. Thank you for everything.

Sammie Gabardini
FAF