Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Live Musicians in SL

I had the privilege to go to several gigs yesterday that were not my own musicians or venues.  It truly is an eye opening experience.  Sometimes I marvel at what constitutes a live musician, I mean just because you know how to stream, doesn't mean you should.    And how do those musicians have such followings... 

Anyway, being the groupie that I am, wound up at one show where Maximillion Kleene was going to be performing after.  Now, I know Max, for quite some time now, he sings at Gwampas on occasion, and I will admit I do try to catch his shows if I'm free and I can get in (hence being at Gwampas where everyone can get in).   But wow, I got to dance w/Max!  I felt like such a major groupie. LOL.  Max is truly one of the nicest guys out there I must say, and it was his Bday.    He does have a fun show, and you gotta love tipping the cow.   Love it when he sings childhood songs... too much fun.  

I would still love to know whysome musicians just out and out refuse to do tips only.  Are they afraid they are not good enough to make tips.  I mean i understand more than most probably, the amount of work that goes into a gig and yes, musicians deserve to get paid.  But i also think it's totally rude not to do any tips only at all.   For those that wont do tips only and refuse certain high tipping places, you are simply missing out on exposure.  Maybe you don't think you need exposure, but one day you will dry up all the venues out there, as they do have tiers to pay and have to keep their venues fresh and up to date.  This is NOT competition.  This is SL, it's about fun, and it's about the love of live music.

Okay I've said enough for now huh.

Thanks Max for dancing w/the Frog... you certainly made my night :)

No comments: