Monday, May 9, 2011

Avination and Harmony Estates

So you have heard about Avination, but just what is Avination?? Well it's an open grid... What's that you might ask... It's like Secondlife, without the Lindens, less lag and well no Marketplace.  So in a sense, we are pioneers... or we are living the way Secondlife USED to be.  There is a sense of community as you actually have to go find what you are looking for, instead of running to Marketplace,  and usually there are less than 200 people online at any given time.

Why am I telling you about it? Well, for the last week or so, I've been there more than Secondlife... Why would I abandon Secondlife?? Well I haven't.  But I have found something completely fun to do there.  My business partner, Rick Scorfield and I have been busy making a community.  The sim we have purchased is simply amazing.  Rick is a phenomenal builder to say the least.  I don't think I have ever seen anything so fantastic of a build... maybe I'm prejudice, but others have looked at it and think it's great.   Oh did I mention, that we are renting now, and because it's Avination, IT'S REALLY cheap for land.

So let me tell you a little bit about Coda and Harmony.  Harmony is on the sim of Coda, which is the sim that Rick and I are building.  Now for you music lovers you will understand that there must be something musical about this sim.  Well, we are not running a venue there, per say, however we are willing and able to help those who might want to run a venue, we have a great events "stage" for anyone who would like to use it or learn how to run a venue.  The stage is also great for anyone who might want to rent it out for a display or any other "open air" event.  Also on Harmony, you will find incredible walk ways, bridges to hang out on, parks and more.  Did I mention the beach area?  Did I mention how beautiful it is there?  Don't forget the rentals...

Now how would you go about becoming part of Avination?  I know you will want to at the very least stop by and see Harmony, and congratulate Rick on his fantastic build.  (I will post pictures when it is completely done)  It's very simple actually, go to Avination.com and create an account, just like Secondlife.  If you want to transfer money into Avination without going through paypal, you can, but you must have the same name.  Now to transfer L's to Avination, you simply find a terminal in Secondlife, and pay it (you have to have at least 1,000L to transfer).  Please be aware there is a transaction fee, I believe for 1000L, you get 930c's (or so).  In Avination, money is called c's (care coins I think).

One other thing you should know about land;  If you don't want to rent a parcel, but would like to own a sim, believe me it's VERY affordable.  Not sure how to go about this? Well, the support staff of Harmony Estates can certainly help you.  We are now renting out full sims.  Rick's building services are also available for a fee (you would have to discuss that with him for rates).

Yes I am very excited about this adventure, I am making new friends, connecting with old friends and having a great time...like last night when an old friend of mine and I made Rick the butt of our jokes.

Hope to see you all in Avination soon.

No comments: