Monday, October 26, 2009

Drama...


1 brick1
Originally uploaded by brickhouse frog
Lately I feel like I'm back in preschool with all the drama that is going on. Now I will avoid specifics of course as not to harm anyone... however, quite honestly the drama could be avoided quite easily if said parties would a) keep things to themselves, b) leave other people out of their petty business and c) avoid each other. SL is quite a big place, just TP away.

Dictionary.com defines drama as this: any situation or series of events having vivid, emotional, conflicting, or striking interest or results: the drama of a murder trial.

Now, there has been no murder over this, but I begin to wonder if I handed out some guns and said here have some weapons, who would be the bigger person and walk away. It might honestly surprise me who would walk away.

This is SL people, we are here to escape RL are we not? SL is supposed to be fun! I know I am in SL for the following reasons: My Musicians, My Friends, to make money and for fun (not necessarily in that order).

My new take on drama is this: if you bring me your drama, I will simply not listen. Now this doesn't mean you are not my friend, this doesn't mean I don't care, I simply have enough stress in my RL that I don't need to hear about the way someone acts, dresses, or moves. I don't need to hear the whole he said/she said stuff. It's childish. Grow up.

A good friend of mine said to me, but you have to show everyone God's love, which I whole-heartedly agree on. But it doesn't mean I have to be in the middle of everyone's issues.

I think everyone should study the word "agape", again referring to Dictionary.com: 1. the love of God or Christ for humankind.
2. the love of Christians for other persons, corresponding to the love of God for humankind

This tells me, yes I have to love everyone like Christ did for humanity, however, it doesn't mean I have to put up with bullshit. Take for example, Jesus' "anger" at the "stupid" people in the synagogues. (My interpretation, mind you) Jesus was NOT a doormat, yes he loved the hookers, he loved the tax man, I'm sure he even loved that heathen, but he didn't let people walk all over him.

My friends can cry on my shoulder all they need to when they get hurt by someone's insane outbursts that hurt them. I will listen, but I will not get involved.

Everyone from time to time needs to step back, take a breath, count to 10 (or 100 if needed), and re-evaluate the situation. Just because you love someone with Christ's love, doesn't mean you have to be on the same sim with them. Pray for the other, honestly and fervently, and with love, not malice. Let God melt your heart and theirs, don't fight what God wants to do in your heart.

I will not let drama affect the amazing friendships I have. I will never forget one venue owner who thought she ran everyones life, certain musicians could only sing at her place, etc. she was a complete drama queen. I could tell you more but I won't. So I was at her venue one day with one of my musicians, and I spotted a sign... DRAMA FREE ZONE... it was the best laugh I had all day...

No comments: