Wednesday, July 11, 2012

When SL meets RL

There are so many people I have met from SL in RL. The list is rather long actually. But most recently I had the most amazing opportunity to meet the man I have known forever, Reallymad Mick Morpork. From the second Mick and I met in Secondlife we have become fast friends, Ribbit, seemingly knowing each other forever. There isn't much that he doesn't know about me, esp now. I can't even begin to tell you all we've been through together, you wouldn't believe me anyway. Always there to make each other smile or laugh, or to be that shoulder to cry on. Mick and Brick are an inseparable team and believe me we always will be the best of friends.

For almost 4 years now, I have been asking Mick to come to the States to meet me and "his Litluns" (my kids).  He has told me "someday Bricky".  Imagine my surprise when one day, in the midst of my one of the busiest times for me at work I get this IM from him "PHL (Philadelphia Airport) Bricky?"  My response was um what?  So he said again fly into Philadelphia Airport?  Just like that, no date, no nothing, I can't tell you the million thoughts that ran through my head in mere seconds. I think the people that were around me that night thought I lost my mind when I started laughing and probably screaming out in joy, I really don't remember well.  I just remember being "gob smacked".

Fast forward, what seemed like an eternity til he got here, it was actually about 2 months.  I don't know about him, because well I can't speak for him, but I know for me the second I laid eyes on him in the airport, I was almost overcome with joy!  Even if it did take him HOURS to go through security (running now).  Well he was THE LAST one out!  Makes me wonder if he really had knives, but that is another story.

Nothing changed for me and Mick, the only thing that did change is our friendship is more solid (if that is even possible) than it was before.  There was no fear, no apprehension, none of that, just us being us.  We got along just as we have always gotten along.  And he of course FINALLY got to have ICE CREAM with his Litluns.

I can't wait til the next time he comes.  The list of things to do is starting to grow already so it better not be another 4 years before visits (I'm kinda thinking maybe should be 4 months), although there is the threat of him making me do karaoke!  I think I might have to refresh his memory and remind him HE IS THE SINGER, NOT ME!  I do have it in writing (twice) he will be back!

Thanks for the most incredible week of my life Reallymad Morpork, Me Mick!  You will always have an American Home Sweet Home.  Ribbit.


No comments: