Monday, August 13, 2012

Subway Rides... Or Going the Wrong Way

Ever get on a subway and accidentally go the wrong way?  I did... Once.  I blame my friend for that, he said "Oh there's our train" I didn't look to see if he was right or not, I just blindly trusted him and jumped on.  It was the express train and before we realized it was going the wrong way, we were at least 3-4 stops from where we got on, and it was moving fast.  When we realized this, we hopped off and crossed the street and went the other direction.  Realizing our mistake and finally getting on the correct train, made us laugh and finally relax.  When we got to our destination, we had the time of our lives and the night ended with the most spectacular fireworks.  A night I will never forget.

Now what seems to be my point?  My point is this, sometimes in life we are on the wrong subway, and only til it's several stops later do we realize we are not on the right track.  It takes work to get off, cross the road, and then go the right way.  But once we realize that the most amazing time of our lives can happen.  Sometimes, like me and my friend, we were comfortable on the wrong train, thinking it was the right path but something more amazing is waiting if you only get on the right train.  Comfort isn't always the way to go, that part of you that knows it's not where you are supposed to be.  It takes work, but in the end, your true happiness is there, waiting.

I'm in the middle of the street right now, trying to change my train.  Only my real friends will stay with me on this subway change.  But I only see exciting things coming to me, and I'm waiting to have an amazing time.  It happened once and I know it's only the beginning...



No comments: