Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Letter to G

Dear G
I learned how to "stalk" from you, the best.  Recently I googled your name and found out you are to be married on July 12.  Interesting date I'd say.  Means a lot to me that day, but clearly it's unimportant to you.

You taught me how to love, you taught me that despite my temper, I am lovable, but then one day you disappeared.  Crushed doesn't even begin to describe it.  My heart was then ripped into shreds to find out why you had disappeared.

Every once and a while you would call me, usually in a drunken rage and I would listen, like always, you were my best friend, my FAF.  How could I possibly not listen to you in your state of despair?? Then those phone calls even stopped.  But the few times you did call, it was like you had never left.

Now? your avatar is dead, and with it goes my memories of the times we shared.  I'm not even really sure you existed.  I know you had forgotten about me a long time ago, but as much as I tried, I can't forget you.  I still know when something is going on with you, that's why I  google your name.  I don't love you any more,  I feel pity for you, I miss the fun we used to have, how we would stay online at all hours of the night and talk... you and I were the best of friends.

But July 12th G? Really?

I'll miss you, but I know you are just doing something because you don't see any way around it.  I really feel bad for you.

Brickhouse Frog
(in case you forgot my name)

(written originally on July 8, 2014)

No comments: