Monday, April 7, 2014

I miss Secondlife

There are some words I never thought I would say.

"I miss Secondlife"

I miss the friends I made there, I miss the gigs, and the gigs and the gigs and running venues and the craziness that was SL before Live Music was real popular, I miss starting something amazing, I miss it all.  I miss the crazy people in Reallymad's Group Hug, I miss picking on him in group chat, I miss him falling asleep in the bath... (Mind you, he and I are still really good friends, always will be but miss the abuse)...

I even miss the bunnehs... all the crazy bunnehs my ex partner and I used to "fight" over, his obsession with them... I miss him tons, I miss our friendship.

I miss the "church" services one of my artists drug me to, I miss the private conversations, I miss the virtual hugs, I miss the "love" that oozed from my computer from my friends, I miss "roof" diving... I miss accidentally pulling the floor up from a venue I owned with my ex partner, us being on chat and laughing so hard he couldn't put the floor back before people tp'd back in... I miss the "high" musicians that would sing, I miss auditioning people at my first venue, The Brass Frog, (one of the first in Secondlife) with my SL Brother, Ford Bebb, I miss him tons.

I miss laughing and being silly, I miss rushing home from work to send out notices... Real life has gotten in the way, not that it's bad, I just miss my friends, the fun we used to have, sharing a sim, "knowing your neighbors" and even if one of your friends was in another part of the world you still "saw" each other and made time to find out how their day was.

So if you are out there reading this, know you are missed even if you don't think you are.  Drop me a line sometime you know how, I'm not hard to find.

xo
The one and only Brickhouse Frog.

No comments: