Friday, December 27, 2013

Looking Back... Is it Always a Good Thing?

So I was bored at work today and decided to look at my blog and some of the many blogs I follow.  (Some SL, some not). I ran across some blogs of people that used to be dear friends, it's a pity how close you become to people, esp in SL (I once heard that getting to know people in SL was getting to know their essence) and then because of time/distance or their stupid choices (some of you know what I mean), they slip away never to be heard from again.   Their essence lingers with you forever, they've left footprints on your heart that can never be erased.  Oh sure, I'm not innocent in the train wreck that is life, I'm sure I caused a lot of people hurt and it was never intentional and for that I'm truly sorry.  Sometimes I wish I had a time machine so I could go back and make different choices.  Knowing what I know now, would I let some people get so close? Probably.   I am so grateful for those that are still my friend, close friends, in SL and RL even after all the mistakes I make they are still there loving me as a friend.  It is fun to read their old blogs though just for memories and laughs.

It's also interesting to me how quickly time flies.  A lot of the blogs I follow stopped posting 3-4 years ago! I used to love their blogs, reading about their lives or musicians they followed, like "Thump Magazine!" that was one of the best!

So to all who have been in my life whether you left in 2010 or recently, you are missed and loved.  To those that are still in my life even after all these years... What are you crazy????? Love ya!

As an old friend of mine used to leave in a post as a reminder of our friendship, 812/321/faf.


Trying to get into the time machine.

1 comment:

JustOneMore Loon said...

You are correct... I am crazy